Department of Human Resources Management
The following are the functions of the Human Resource Management Department: –
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Ensures that HR strategies are developed and properly planned to support improvement in employee performance in the Ministry
- Develops and implements progressive career structures and reward systems for employees to enhance employee motivation and retention in the Ministry
- Ensures implementation of professional recruitment and retention policies by: (i) implementing compensation policies and operational processes that reward employee efforts; (ii) improving communication with employees; (iii) improving operational effectiveness of the HR unit and contributing to the overall effectiveness of the organization; and (iv) developing and implementing training programs that support employees career development and sustained progression in the organization and the civil service.
- Provides MoJ development and management services support to ensure continuous reforms in the ministry including timely changes to organizational structures, creation of new functions and abolishing of redundant functions, and recommending appropriate staffing requirements that are consistent with the mandate of the organization.
- Develops and implements MoJ’s performance management and staff appraisal system
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system, keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Coordinating employee performance and appraisal management in line with the national development goals and MoJ’s national action plans.
- Preparation and implementation of the five (5) year strategic plan and budget for the department.
- Preparation and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system and tools for the Department
- Preparation and implementation of the capacity development for all staff based on the needs assessment and in-line with the Civil Service Commission (CSC) guidelines and requirements.
- Preparation of the annual financial estimates in consultation with the heads of sections
- Coordinating the formulation of the department’s risk management framework, risk profiling, risk reporting and monitoring.
The department is divided into three sections which include the Human Resource
Human Resource Management Section
Staff Performance and Appraisal and Talent Section
Mohamed Keyse Aadan
Director of Human Resource Department